Friday, January 20, 2012

Arcade Fire + Local Natives = Dream Come True

Something else I did in 2011.

Arcade Fire came to Phoenix in April (miracle), and they brought Local Natives with them.  I was in love with LN's album last year and had been dying to see them for awhile (especially after missing their show with the LA Phil.  Kicking myself still).
Local Natives were just as clear and wonderful on stage.  I really hope they get some new music out soon.  They're from LA - I should just go drive over to Silver Lake and ask what's going on.
Local Natives - Wide Eyes from L Dubbs on Vimeo.

I've seen Arcade Fire a couple times at Coachella, and both times, they were the standout performances over all the other bands that weekend.  2005 - sunset, mountains, palm trees, and AF.  I'll never forget it.  Definitely nice to see them on their own though.  
Arcade Fire - No Cars Go from L Dubbs on Vimeo.

Really high energy set list.  My three favorites of the night spaced out into one favorite from each album.  Neighborhood #2,  No Cars Go, and We Used to Wait.
But nothing closes quite like Wake Up.  It's magic.
Arcade Fire - Wake Up from L Dubbs on Vimeo.



No comments:

2023 Recap

Oh, hey there. It's been awhile. I disappeared for a bit. Everyone's doing their 2023 year in review today, and I figured I'd ju...

StatCounter